Grubs Up - Starting Solids
Essentials for making homemade baby food
Starting solids can be messy! It's a fun time to introduce your baby to tastes of new foods and see which flavours they like. Babies love to explore the texture of food with their hands. Self feeding is an important step in learning co-ordination.
To give your baby the best start in life, you want be sure your baby is eating only fresh ingredients. By making your own baby food, you know exactly what your baby is eating. Homemade baby food can avoid salt and preservatives. Making your own food also saves money and reduces waste from packaging.
This care package has everything you need to take your homemade food when you go out. Includes re-usable food pouches, insulated cooler bag and ice packs, bib, spoons and face washers.
- Annabel Karmel’s cookbook Top 100 Baby Purées. Delicious and nutritious homemade baby food recipes for different stages of starting solids. From first purées at 6 months, through to mashed meals and finger foods with purées as dips around 12 months
- Green Sprout Snip and Go Scissors to chop and mash food into bite-sized portions. BPA free materials and a stainless steel cutting edge
Munchkin Deluxe First Foods Feeder with a mesh pouch. Baby can safely taste, gnaw and suck on fresh fruit and vegies without the risk of choking
Munchkin White Hot Safety Spoons (4 pack). If the tip turns white, the food is too hot for baby to eat. Wait for it to cool, dip again, and if the tip is no longer white, the food is a safe temperature
To stay clean:
- Green Sprouts Easy Wear Waterproof Long Sleeve Bib for meal time and play time. Protects baby’s and toddlers' clothes to save on washing
Dark Cotton Face Washers (2) for grubby little hands and faces
For out and about:
- Sinchies Reusable Food Pouches (200ml size, 10 pack) make it easy to portion your homemade purees, smoothies and yoghurt. Freezer and dishwasher safe, free from BPA, PVC and phthalates
- Little Minx Signature Insulated Lunch Bag keeps food fresh for up to 8 hours and easily wipes clean
- Little Minx Signature Ice Packs (2) keep food and drinks cold in your lunch bag (and a perfect size for toddlers’ little bumps and bruises too)